Attorney Erin E. Block
Erin Block graduated Magna Cum Laude from Marquette University Law School in May 2015 and joined the Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C. At Marquette Law, Erin was Lead Articles Editor of the Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review and worked with the Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic. She was inducted into the Pro Bono Society in 2015 and has had several articles published.
She obtained her bachelors degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Computer Science. Prior to and during law school Erin worked for many years as a paralegal and office manager. She also had a summer externship at the United States Patent and Trademark office in Alexandria Virginia where she was involved with patent examination and worked in the Commissioner’s Office in the Department of Innovation Development.
In her spare time Erin likes to garden, crocheting, and develop new recipes for family and friends.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, WI, May 2015, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Lead Articles Editor for Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review
- University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, 2010, B.S., Computer Science
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2015
- Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2015
Memberships and Associations
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Erin E. Block, The End of the “Wild West” for Software Patents—Does the Patents Act 2013 Change New Zealand’s Treatment of Software Patents from Permissive to Restrictive?, 19 MARQ. INTELL. PROP. L. REV. 141 (2015)
- Erin E. Block, Growing the Distance, Inventor’s Eye (August 2014), available at USPTO.gov