Moving On After Bankruptcy In Wisconsin
Filing for bankruptcy can be scary. You may feel uncertain about how doing so will impact your future. Understanding what happens after you file for bankruptcy is often unclear.
At The Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C., our attorney will answer your questions and help you set realistic expectations for what life will be like post-bankruptcy.
Helping You Make The Right Decision
Facing financial insolvency can be devastating. However, when you get to the point of untenable debt, federal law offers you relief in bankruptcy protection. Once undertaken, bankruptcy can be quite complex, whether Chapter 7, Chapter 11 or Chapter 13. Our experienced attorneys understand that you will have many anxious questions about the bankruptcy process.
When we represent clients requiring financial relief in Wisconsin’s bankruptcy courts, our Milwaukee, Wisconsin, bankruptcy attorneys offer skilled, practical legal advice and counsel at every stage of the bankruptcy process:
- When you are considering bankruptcy
- While you are still undergoing the process
- When the final bankruptcy order is granted
- As you implement the court’s orders
- After you are granted your bankruptcy petition
Once the bankruptcy process is completed, you are met with both feelings of relief, as much of your prefiling debt has been discharged, and the anxiety of not knowing what to expect in life after bankruptcy. The goal of our attorneys is to give every client who seeks debt relief the benefit of three important elements in the approach to bankruptcy: knowledge, preparation and a post-bankruptcy plan.
It is critical that you chart an informed, practical course of action to rebuild your finances and your creditworthiness to move on effectively from bankruptcy. We emphasize the following recovery components:
- Manage your finances by developing and staying on a budget
- Regulate your spending habits
- Track your expenditures and trim costs when possible
- Plan to make your purchases with cash; no impulse buying
- Reestablish credit with a small secured bank loan or a secured credit card that you pay off in full each month
- Make timely payments on your home and vehicle and all secured debts to rebuild credit very quickly
- Seek qualified advice on how to manage your finances on an ongoing basis
- Save as much as you can
Learn More Today
Contact us at The Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C., to have your questions regarding bankruptcy and debt relief answered. Bankruptcy might be the best option for your financial circumstances. We will guide you through the process from start to finish and help you understand how to move forward after filing. Schedule a free consultation with our firm today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.