Fighting Back Against Consumer Fraud
You put your trust in a business when buying a product. You trust that the service and goods you are paying for will be of good quality and up to standards. Unfortunately, many consumers like you in Wisconsin, and across the nation, are met with misleading and unethical practices when buying goods and services in the marketplace.
The federal government and every state have laws designed to protect consumers. If you have been the victim of consumer fraud or misleading conduct by merchants or businesses, you may have a legal case against them. The attorney at The Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C., has represented wronged consumers like you for more than 25 years.
Consumer Rights In The State Of Wisconsin
Federal and state consumer laws are positioned to shield consumers from predatory business practices, including fraudulent, deceptive and misleading conduct. The state of Wisconsin abides by the Consumer Rights Act. This act regulates consumer credit transactions and debt collection.
Under these laws, consumers have the right to:
- Protect against the marketing of hazardous products, goods and services
- The free flow of reliable information about the quality, quantity, potency, purity and price of goods or services
- Protect against exploitation and unfair trade practices
- Access to a variety of prices and competitively priced goods and services
- A means to express opinions and complaints and to be heard in an appropriate forum
- Information and education on consumer products and services
- Redress through the courts for unfair practices
Consumers also have the right to accuracy on their credit reports. Banks and credit card companies have a responsibility to provide correct and accurate information to the credit reporting agencies. Further, the credit reporting agencies have a duty to take steps to ensure your credit report is accurate. For more information about these laws, speak with our attorney today.
Protecting And Guiding You Through Every Step
We know that falling victim to consumer fraud can be emotional and stressful. We are here to help you fight back against consumer fraud and aid you with issues that often correspond with having your rights infringed upon. We will aid you with:
- Creditors: Creditors have certain protocols they must follow. If you are being harassed by a creditor, we will help you put an end to their behavior.
- Credit reports: Credit reporting agencies must keep your report accurate. There are many different types of errors that can show up on your credit report. If you find an error, we can help you dispute those errors.
- Repossession: Lending agencies have to abide by strict rules when performing a repo. If they do not follow correct procedures, you can take action. In the same regard, car dealerships must be ethical when selling you a vehicle. When unethical practices take place, you are a victim of consumer auto fraud.
- Foreclosure: Mortgage companies use software in order to track payments. There can be issues with this software, and one mistake can have a devastating impact. If you are facing foreclosure due to a mortgage payment mishap, we can help.
We Are Ready To Assist You
If you believe you are the victim of consumer fraud, have an issue with your credit report or are facing a foreclosure, contact our office today by calling 414-321-9733. We proudly serve individuals throughout Waukesha County and surrounding areas. Schedule a consultation to get started.