Here To Help You Ensure Accuracy On Your Report

Your credit report isn’t something you probably think about all that often. Regardless, this resource is vital if you want to pursue a line of credit. Whether you want to get a credit card or pursue a mortgage loan, lenders will make their decision based on the information on your credit report. If there are errors on your report, this could negatively impact your goal.

At The Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C., our attorney understands the need for a clean credit report. We will review your report, answer your questions and help you take the proper action needed to fix the problem.

How To Dispute Errors On Your Credit Report

Facing an error on your credit report can be stressful. You may feel as if you have no voice. Our lawyer will ensure that you get your questions answered. We will give you a voice and take the actions needed to fix erroneous items on your credit report.

We will be by your side throughout every step. The process typically involves:

  1. Contact the credit reporting company: We will contact the credit reporting agency that is producing the report containing errors. In some cases, we will need to contact all three agencies. In other cases, we may only need to contact one.
  2. Contact the lender associated with the error: We will contact the source of the error with a dispute letter and supporting documentation to prove their mistake.
  3. Submit a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: The credit reporting agency will open an investigation and likely respond after the first two steps. If not, we will file a complaint with the CFPB with a copy of the information that we provided to the reporting company.
  4. Sue the credit reporting agency: If the reporting company fails to act, you have the right to sue them for violating your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Start Correcting Your Report Today

If you have found an error on your credit report, contact our office. We will answer your questions, help you dispute the error and take action when your rights have been violated. Located in Milwaukee, we proudly serve individuals throughout surrounding communities. Call us today at 414-321-9733.