Milwaukee, WI Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorneys
Experienced Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorneys Serve Milwaukee County
Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection is sought by a growing number of individuals across the nation and in Wisconsin every year. There are many factors that impact Chapter 13 bankruptcy and the road to successful relief can get complicated. With so much at stake, you do not want to undertake a bankruptcy petition without a knowledgeable and skilled Milwaukee Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney by your side.
If you meet the debt to income criteria for relief under this code, the experienced attorneys at the Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C. can significantly improve the chances of your petition getting through the courts expeditiously and successfully. Clients throughout Milwaukee and communities in and around southeast Wisconsin attest to our successful results in their Chapter 13 cases.
How Does Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Work?
Individuals who file for bankruptcy protection through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy petition are involved in reorganization and rehabilitation in a court approved Repayment Plan. To file for Chapter 13, your secured and unsecured debt must each be below a certain amount. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy generally stays on your credit report for up to ten years. The Chapter 13 bankruptcy process involves:
- Debtor participation in a mandatory credit counseling within 180 days prior to filing the bankruptcy petition;
- The bankruptcy petition is filed in court;
- There is an automatic stay to creditor debt collection activity;
- A Chapter 13 Reorganization Plan is filed with the court;
- Debts covered in the Chapter 13 Plan are paid from disposable income and payments may run three to five years; and
- A portion or all debts, paid as specified in the debt plan, are discharged by court order (excluding such debt as student loans, certain taxes, and support obligations) and liability to those creditors ends.
Chapter 13 can also help you keep your home and your vehicle.
Experienced Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Law Firm in West Allis
The Milwaukee Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys at the Law Office of Rollie R. Hanson, S.C. can help you determine if Chapter 13 is the right choice for relieving your indebtedness in the bankruptcy courts of Wisconsin. We have handled hundreds of successful petitions for bankruptcy for clients throughout Greater Milwaukee, and we can help you achieve the best outcome in your case. Our lawyers will examine your debt and income to see if you qualify for Chapter 13 and help you reestablish your credit after bankruptcy. Contact our experienced lawyers at (414) 321-9733 for an initial consultation. From our offices in West Allis, WI, we serve clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin.